Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Succulent Sweet Potato Thai Curry

Jealousy just might be the mother of invention! My Papa was bragging about some amazing sweet potato curry that he had last week, I was a bit envious... Not that I wished at all that he wasn't enjoying this odd-sounding treat, but that I wished I could enjoy it with him! So I did what I do and poked around for recipes, which I found, combined, altered and created. As usual, ENJOY!

Sweet Potato Thai Curry

4 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons fresh ginger
3 tablespoons olive oil
2-4  tablespoons red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
1 pound spinach, frozen, thawed
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 ½ teaspoons salt
4 cups water

1. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Sauté onions for about 3 minutes, then add ginger and garlic. Continue to sauté this, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.

2. Add water and salt, and bring to boil.

3. Add remaining ingredients and boil on low until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.

4. Serve over rice.


Note* 4 tablespoons of curry paste make it quite spicy! Just about my speed. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment