Monday, October 1, 2012

Hummus Lunch Bar


Here's a quick, delicious meal for when you need something not too heavy. Just grab a tub of fantastic flavored hummus (we love roasted red pepper the best), or make your own with my authentic Israeli Recipe below and serve with a tray of celery and carrot sticks, bell peppers, crackers and pita bread. Not much prep or cleanup, simple and healthy!

Here is a favorite: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sabra-Family-Size-Roasted-Red-Pepper-Hummus-17-oz/21881801

Israel Hummus

1 can garbanzoes
¼ cup sesame tahini
5 teaspoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup water
2 cloves garlic, steamed

Blend all until very smooth. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.

I've never cared for Humus - until I went to the Middle East this spring and tasted "the real thing." I poked around to find the ingredient list and then, on returning home, I played around until I GOT IT! Yeah! This stuff is delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment