Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Raspberry Pie and RNs



Done with all my tests! I have 148 clinical hours and a little easy test called "state boards" (:-) before I can sign my name, Melanie Troxell, RN!! And I'm home. The Lord worked it out so I can be with my men again, and I'm so very, very thankful to have spent my first weekend at home with my favorite people. Thanks for all your prayers!



Here is a delicious pie that I'm sure you'll enjoy! It has no added sugar, but it's a sweet rush, anyway, so diabetics beware - and everyone else, Don't eat it all yourself. ;-)


Raspberry Pie

1 recipe whole wheat pie crust
1 pound raspberries, frozen
6 ounces apple juice concentrate
⅓ cup cornstarch
 
1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Roll out pie dough into two circles and place one in an 8 or 9 inch pie crust.

3. Mix apple juice and cornstarch until smooth. Add berries and boil until the liquid begins to thicken and darken in color. Pour this into pie crust, cover with other crust and press edges together.

4. Trim off excess crust and bake for about 30 minutes or until crust edges turn a golden brown and top looks dry-ish.


No comments:

Post a Comment