Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls and Delinquence

So sorry I've been a bit delinquent! I've been sick and have been facing some really big changes in my life... thankfully, all while on break from school for a few days!

So to prove I haven't forgotten you, I'm posting a recipe borrowed from my dear Mama. Enjoy!

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls

1 T yeast
¼ c. sugar
1 c. water
2 T oil
½ T salt
2 ½ c. flour, ww pastry flour/white flour mix
TOPPING:
1 stick margarine
⅔ c. brown sugar
½ c. honey
½ - ¾ c. nuts, chopped

Servings/Yield: 9 servings | 8 x 8 pan

1. Dissolve yeast, water and sugar together. Add rest of ingredients and knead until elastic. Roll out in a flat rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Spread with margarine. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll into a log. Slice into 9 pieces. Place on top of the topping.

2. TOPPING: Bring margarine, brown sugar, and honey to a boil. Add nuts. Pour into 8 x 8 inch pan. Bake at 350 about 30 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment