Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Fun/Fear, Anyone?

By the way, I always said I don't scary for entertainment, but I guess I do like a little scary for entertainment. Pretty scarifying - eh? ;-)

 Just for some fun... I saw this on Pinterest and was delighted by how simple and comical it was. It took me about 45 minutes to complete, so I won't be repeating it frequently, but my kids and company got such a kick out of it! It was, overall, quite easy to create, but it got a little confusing on the teeth (so the mouth ended up about one row of teeth bigger than I had envisioned!). The key ended up being to cut off a band of green the height of the teeth to where there was only a band of "white" showing, then cutting the zig-zag that would make teeth. Then I removed the sections that weren't teeth all the way back. To make the eye, just cut a little hole in the green and stick in a watermelon seed - though I just feel like there's a bigger, better eye idea out there... And, just so you know, if a tooth falls off, just grab one of the other sections and use a toothpick to stick it on instead. My company (as well as myself) was tickled when firstborn (age 10) said, "One fell off, we had to do a root canal!"


No comments:

Post a Comment