Monday, February 25, 2013

Creamy Lentil Curry

I believe in rescuing food. I don't waste much... probably because necessity and a guilty conscience have often been the mother of invention. My depression-era ancestors taught me well to not throw away food! On that note, I made some lentils that were fine, but just turned out, well... boring! So this recipe is the final conclusion of that little embarrassing matter.

 Creamy Lentil Curry

1 pound Lentils
22 ounces Diced tomatoes, large can
1 small bunch Green onions, chopped
3 teaspoons Salt
2 teaspoons Chicken-style seasoning
2 teaspoons Curry powder
3 teaspoons Chili powder
11 cups Water
1 cup Cashews


1. Cook lentils, onions and spices in 10 cups of the water until lentils soften, 30-40 minutes or overnight in a crock pot.

2. Add tomatoes and stir.

3. In a blender, blend cashews in 1 cup of water until very smooth.

4. Mix all together and heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment