Thursday, June 7, 2012

Soup-ine or Hospitality part 1





In my first semester of Anatomy and Physiology we were asked to learn directional terms for the body. A pair that people typically have a problem with is "supine" vs. "prone." Our instructor gave us a visual that will always stick with me, especially after I had yet another "visual" attached to it awhile later...

She told us to envision a child with cupped hands and hungry face up, pleading to be filled - with soup. Supine is when the body is facing up. Prone, or face down, is the opposite.

Later, I was at a meeting for pastors' wives and our president told us the story of a local group who had begun teaching young people to do pottery with the ministry idea of filling people's bowls. The group was selling these creative, beautiful bowls and using the money to fund their own ministry to people, while asking purchasers to carefully consider, "What am I filling their cups with?" I thought about my teacher's little child with the soup-ine hands.

Though the Bible lists hospitality as one of the gifts of the Spirit, insinuating that people may have it in varying degrees, each one of us is expected to serve and love and share with others people.

The picture above is of my bowl that my friend brought me from that project. Inside you can see a bit of the hand engraved words, "I'm full." I promise, if you have others in your life at all, you are filling their bowls. The question you should ponder is, "What am I filling them with?" I've made a commitment that I renew everyone I look at my bowl to fill other people's lives with blessings and goodness. What abut you?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Greenwell St,Pensacola,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment