Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Special




I want to dedicate this post and this recipe to one of my favorite people ever - my mommy! I love you, Mom! Have I told you lately that you are one if my very favorite people and usually the first pick of someone I'd like to spend the day with?! You, Mom are my first inspiration to healthy eating and living and you continue to inspire me with ideas and a passion for food as a ministry to love people with.

Happy Mothers' Day!!

The boys insisted that I put this in "my book" (a work in progress - if you'd like to volunteer to help make it a reality, let me know.) with the insistence that I title "Mom's Best." - I guess it is a winner. You know it's a winner when it (VEGAN) can be prepared in the ice cream maker, then frozen in the freezer, and pulled out and eaten immediately - still smooth and creamy!

"Mom's Best" Strawberry Ice Cream

1 cup cashews, raw
1 cup Better Than Milk Powder
½ cup Hershey's Strawberry Syrup
⅔ cup Sugar
½ - 1 cup Strawberries
water

1. Blend Cashews and Better than Milk powder in 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water until smooth.
2. Combine all but strawberries and add water to about 5 cups. Blend.
3. Blend in strawberries briefly (can cut or smash to preference).
4. Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Windstone Dr,Pensacola,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment